Youth Groups Christmas Tree Competition
YOUTH GROUPS WE HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU!
See below information or click on the flyer attachment to the right of this >>>
BE IN THE RUNNING TO WIN! | ENTER THE CHRISTMAS TREE COMPETITION!!
Would your youth group like to decorate a tyre Christmas Tree? Perhaps you have a passion for upcycling or have a creative passion for recyclables? Tyre Christmas
Trees will be available for youth groups between the ages of 11- 18 to decorate!
Trees will be displayed for public viewing in shop front windows along East Street from
Monday 25 November 2019 and the public will vote for a winner!!
THE WINNING TREE WILL RECEIVE A $500 GIFT VOUCHER AT A LOCATION OF YOUR CHOICE!
Limited trees are available so get in quick to register your interest! Register your group and secure a tree structure by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The winning Christmas Tree will be announced during the CBD Christmas Fair on Saturday 7 December 2019
- Youth groups between the ages of 11- 18 are able to ente
- Registered groups will be provided with a Christmas Tree made from tyres already assembled, ready for decorating. We recommend you do some minor cleaning prior to decorating so your paint/ glue sticks.
- Trees are approximately 9 car tyres tall and the width of a standard car tyre. Tyres are anchored to a timber pallet base that will need decorating as well.
- Youth groups must be available on Saturday 16 November 2019 to decorate their trees at Lakes Creek Road Waste Management Facility (152 Lakes Creek oad, Rockhampton) as part of the National Recycling Week activities.
- Trees must be decorated with non-discriminatory and non-political decorations/ messaging.
- Please consider your decoration choices to withstand the transporting and tie-down required to setup your trees inside stores on East Street.
- Groups must consent to submitting their decorations and Christmas tree on display for public viewing in East Street from Monday 18 November 2019 onwards. Trees will be placed inside stores as part of shop front window displays.
- Groups consent to their photograph being taken throughout the process
- Youth groups must supply all their own equipment and materials required to clean and decorate the trees including cleaning products and cloths paints, stencils, decorations, tree toppers, glue, paintbrushes, scissors etc.
- Encourage all your friends & family to come down to East Street and vote for their favourite tree!
- The winner will be determined by the number of unique public votes submitted in the voting barrel/s before COB Friday 6 December 2019.
- The winner will be announced during the CBD Christmas Fair on Saturday 7 December 2019.
Saturday, 16 November 2019 | 09:00 AM