Workshops and activities
As part of the Bringing Nature Back program, Council runs a number of workshops and events. Come along and help bring nature back at a hands-on, family friendly local activity.
Local activities may include:
- Clean Up Australia Day (March)
- World Environment Day (June)
- National Tree Day (July)
- Small Landholders Day (September/October)
- Tropicana (September/October)
- Planting days (as programmed)
- Community workshops (as programmed).
Workshops cover topics like kids nature photography, citizen science, backyard habitat, native plants, composting, traditional rope making skills and recycling. Or learn how to give disposable plastic the flick and how to save money by reducing your environmental footprint. And you can even make your own bug motel, nature craft or reusable bag.