Central Queensland Multicultural Association Inc.
Multiculturalism and community harmony enhanced and achieved through advocacy, representation, education, research, consultation, social activities, and program development, management and delivery.
"Leading and managing in a world of cultural connectivity, and creating a space to live, work and play in harmony"
ACTIVITIES, EVENTS, PROGRAMS AND COURSES
CQMA are grateful for the support we receive from the Queensland Government and RRC.
CQMA Social Activities:
- One-to-one social support and advocacy
- Various cultural community get-togethers
- End of year celebrations
- Monthly CQMA Management Committee meetings
- CQMA actively participate in other community celebrations e.g. Chinese New Year, Sri Lankan Christmas
CQMA Events and Projects:
- Annual Taste of the World Festival: running since 2009 and showcasing our cultural diversity and includes traditional food, entertainment, dress
- Harmony Day: celebrating cultural diversity and inclusiveness, respect and a sense of belonging for everyone
- Cross-Cultural Community Sports Carnival
CQMA delivered programs:
CQMA are proud to support these government initiatives:
- My Health for Life (MH4L) program: supporting small steps to achieve great health results.
- click here(PDF, 284KB) to view the My Health for Life program information
- CAMS (Community Action for a Multicultural Society) program: building a united, harmonious and inclusive Qld. Sessions include:
- Everyday English, IELTS support
- Women's programs in Rockhampton and Yeppoon involving monthly cultural-themed activities
- Swimming & Water Safety
- Partnership sessions with Umbrella Network and Berserker Street State School
CQMA partner with registered training organisations to manage and deliver the following courses, that are proudly funded and supported by the Queensland Government through its Skilling Queenslanders for Work Initiative.
- Skilling Queenslanders for Work courses:
- Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways
- Certificate III in Individual Support
CQMA are located on the grounds of the CQUniversity Nth Rockhampton campus, and are grateful for the University’s ongoing support. We can be found in Building 41, Room 31, Buzacott Circle (off Blair Drive).
Please CLICK HERE to locate the CQUniversity North Rockhampton Campus.
Please click HERE(PDF, 477KB) to download a copy of the CQMA brochure.