Heritage Village Family Fun Day
Published on 17 August 2022
Bring Dad, granddad and the whole family to Rockhampton Heritage Village’s Family Fun Day on Fathers’ Day, Sunday 4 September.
The day will include a range of activities designed to bring the past to life.
Rockhampton Regional Council Communities and Heritage spokesperson Cr Drew Wickerson said that the day will be a great opportunity for the whole family to get together.
“The staff and volunteers at the Heritage Village have put together an exciting programme of activities that builds on some of our visitor favourites. Not only will people be able to ride in a vintage vehicle and look around the buildings and exhibits but this time visitors will be able to have a more in-depth experience into how life was for European settlers in 1850-1950,” he said.
Highlights of the day:
- Parade (from 10.15am)
- Tram rides – hop on / off loop rides around the village
- Historic building tours – Volunteers will guide you through some of our buildings including: the power house, Rosewood Cottage, the school, country hospital, fire station, blacksmith and Anderson’s print shop.
- Stage coach and vintage vehicle rides ($3)
- Vintage games such as horseshoe toss, hopscotch, hobby horse races and more
- Period costumes – get a photo with some of our costumed volunteers
- Animal and reptile display from Cooberrie Park (10am -1pm)
Arnold’s Café will be open for coffee, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
The Heritage Village Family Fun Day will be held on Sunday 4 September from 10am to 3pm. Entry is $5 per person, with children under 3 free.
For more information: www.rockhamptonregion.qld.gov.au/heritagefamilyfunday2022
Rockhampton Heritage Village is owned and operated by Rockhampton Regional Council, assisted by a group of dedicated volunteers.
Media enquiries 49245603