Lodging a Building Application

Once you know your building proposal requires a building application, fill in the relevant forms and lodge your building application.  You can discuss your building proposal with Council before lodging an application by contacting Customer Service on (07) 49 32 9000 or 1300 22 55 77. 

Forms required for Lodging a Building Application

The list of forms required for lodging a building application are provided on the Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning IDAS Application Forms. 

Frequently used building forms:

  • Form 1 is required for both Building Applications, Change of Class and Concurrence Applications
  • Form 2 is only required for Building Applications
  • Concurrence Application is required to apply for the structure to be closer to the boundaries
  • Extending or Amending an existing Building Approval is required for changing existing approval or extending
  • Pool Safety Certificate Request is the Property Search form which needs to be completed and fees paid
  • Subscriptions  is required to obtain a list of Building Approvals
  • Temporary Homes is an application form for building a Temporary Home.

Where to lodge your application forms

Building applications and forms can only be lodged at Council’s Customer Service Centres located:

Mount Morgan Office - 32 Hall Street, Mount Morgan
Gracemere Office - 1 Ranger Street, Gracemere
Rockhampton Office - City Hall, 232 Bolsover Street, Rockhampton City

Lodgement Fees

View Council's Fees and Charges for Development Compliance - Building.

Assessment Process

The process for assessing an application is legislated under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009.

Council will assess building applications against required legislation and regulations within the timeframes set by the legislation. Approval will be issued once the application is assessed.