Australia Day Awards
Who inspires you?
Do you know someone that inspires others through their achievements? Why not take this opportunity to acknowledge, congratulate and thank those individuals for their outstanding efforts.
Award categories include:
- Citizen of the Year
- Young Citizen of the Year
- Sportsperson of the Year
- Cultural Award
- Community Service Award (Individuals or Groups)
- Community Event/Initiative Award
Nominations for the 2017 Australia Day Awards are now open. Click here(PDF, 2MB) for a printable copy of the nomination form or complete the quick and easy online form below. Nomination forms can also be collected from Customer Service Offices in Rockhampton, Gracemere and Mount Morgan. Please call 4932 9000 if you require assistance with your nomination.
Nominations close 5pm, Friday 9 December 2016.
Please note that your submission must cover specific selection criteria for each award. This information is located on the nomination form.
Printable Nomination Form(PDF, 2MB)
- How has the nominee made an outstanding contribution to the Rockhampton Region?
- How long has the nominee contributed to the community?
- How is the nominee an inspirational role model?
- What qualities does the nominee have that makes you want to nominate them?
- What personal goals has the nominee achieved?
- What is the nominees level of achievement (awards, level of participation, certificates)?
- Please give an example of their acts of kindness, generosity or other contributions by the nominee for the betterment of the community, a person or group.
Rockhampton Regional Council is collecting the personal information you supply on this form for the purpose of processing this application. This information will only be accessed by authorised Council employees and judges. Your personal details will not be disclosed to any other person or agency external to Council without your consent unless required or authorised by law.
2016 Australia Day Awards Nomination Form