Rockhampton River Festival Road Closures
Published on 11 July 2017
Rockhampton Regional Council today announced it would be relaxing parking patrols in certain areas of the CBD and opening up two car parking lots for free ahead of this weekend’s Rockhampton River Festival.
Parking patrols will be suspended for the Alma Street and Pilbeam Theatre Car Parking lots from today with patrols also suspended for street parking on;
- Bolsover Street between Archer Street and Debry Street;
- Archer Street between Bolsover Street and Victoria Parade;
- Fitzroy Street between Bolsover Street and East Street;
- William Street between Bolsover Street and East Street; and
- Derby Street between Bolsover Street and East Street.
Local laws officers will continue to patrol all other areas to allow for CBD traffic to keep traffic flowing including;
- East Street between Archer Street and Derby Street; and
- Denham Street between Quay Street and Bolsover Street.
A number of roads will also be temporarily closed from 4am tomorrow morning until 6am next Tuesday, including;
- Quay Street between Fitzroy and Derby Streets;
- Quay Lane between Denham and Derby Streets;
- Denham, William and Derby Streets between East Street and Quay Street; and
- Quay St carpark near William Street roundabout (already closed)
These road closures are necessary for the set-up and running of the Rockhampton River Festival. Residents within the festival event area will be issued with Temporary Event Parking Permits and additional loading zones have been placed in East St in front of Lilly and Lotus and Radio Rentals to help businesses with deliveries.
Council would also like to thank the Cooper Family who own the Kern Arcade for opening the top two levels free of charge to festival goers during the River Festival.
Rockhampton Regional Council apologises for any disruptions during this time.
Information on the Rockhampton River Festival can be found at www.rockhamptonriverfestival.com.au.